2019-2020 ANNUAL REPORT
Mission: Lead the personnel, stewardship, financial health and legal compliance of our church, so that we are sufficient to be the hands and feet of Christ in our community and the world.
Members: Ron Bailey, Joanne Deaver, Mickey Deison, Todd Harrell, Fred Kate, David Perciful, Cara Wood, David Green (Pastor), Jay Swoboda (Chair)
Overview and Plans:
- We continued to expand the use of the Acceptiva online tool for income, fundraising and event scheduling, making it easier for people to connect and to give of their time and gifts.
- Through generous financial support we took in 2.7% more revenue than planned; an additional $19,571.
- We were able to keep our spending within 0.3% of budget through diligent cash management.
- We rewarded our staff, who have not had any adjustment in compensation for three years, showing recognition for their efforts and dedication.
- Presbytery provides many services that support our ministry. In 2019 we were able to resume our contribution.
- After a successful stewardship campaign, we able to present a budget for 2020 that is a 3.3% increase over last year or an additional $24,595 towards God’s work.
- Streamlining our administrative policies while maintaining control and accountability is a focus for 2020.
- Another focus is stewardship education – why we give, what our gifts do in the church and the community, and why pledging is important. Too often, we take these for granted and assume everyone understands the purpose and mechanisms of stewardship, but this is not always the case.
- Ongoing efforts include the evaluation and development of our personnel and continuing assessment of the best use of our assets and resources.
We thank you for your support and ask for prayers for wisdom and discernment.