2016-2017 Administrative Committee Annual Report
Fred Kate, Chair
Mission: For the glory of God, we are committed to personnel development, administrative over-site, stewardship development, and the financial health of our church body as it pursues its mission to love God, invest in others, and live generously.
Administrative Committee: Fred Kate (Chairman), Don Albers, Ron Bailey, Danny Ball, Chris Baughman, Sally DeStefano, David Green, and Jenny Peterson.
- Interviewed and hired a new Director of Christian Education.
- Updated all the staff job descriptions.
- Developed and/or updated all personnel procedures so that our church policies are consistent with current government regulations.
- Conducted annual performance review for Senior Pastor and helped facilitate reviews for the other staff members.
- Continued program to develop a comprehensive set of church Operating Procedures.
- Conducted annual stewardship campaign for 2017 budget year
- Prepared 2017 General Budget.
- Completed an audit of the church’s 2015 finances.
- Monitored finances closely during year with a goal of avoiding or at least minimizing a budget deficit.
2017 Goals & Objectives:
- Conduct annual performance review for Senior Pastor and facilitate reviews for other church staff.
- Continue to monitor and update all personnel policies as needed to comply with government regulations.
- Continue the development of a comprehensive set of church Operating Procedures.
- Develop and conduct the annual stewardship campaign.
- Develop program(s) which emphasize the importance of good stewardship in our daily lives.
- Develop the annual budget for the church.
- Monitor all line items of current budget that are applicable to this ministry.
- Insure that the other ministry teams are monitoring and controlling their budget line items.
- Regularly report on the financial status of the church to the session and the congregation.
- Oversee church bank accounts, investments, and loans.
- Conduct yearly audit.
- Develop program to accelerate debt reduction.