Sunday School: Children
Children's Ministry Vision: To create a safe place for parents to bring their children where their little ones will be given the opportunity to encounter God, learn faith and Biblical essentials, and experience a loving community that cares about their spiritual and emotional growth.
Essentials to achieve this vision:
- To teach a love for the Bible.
- To teach how to talk to God through prayer.
- To make children aware of what God is doing in their midst.
- To model God's love to each other through Christ.
PreK: Age 3-Kindergarten (Rm 202)
Grades 1-3 (Rm 200)
Pre K: Age 3 - Kindergarten
Leaders/Teachers: Joanne Tralmer, Deann Alger, Liz Kessler, and Kathy Haines
Room 202, 10:00 a.m.
Gospel Light Preschool Curriculum
The Gospel Light curriculum helps children recognize that the Bible is God's Word, and that God loves and cares for us. Each lesson engages the children in the Bible story and leads them to experience God's love and to know Jesus. A take-home flyer is offered each week to help teachers link with parents to nurture faith at home throughout the week.
Grades 4-6 (FLC)
Leaders/Teachers: Ednelza Henderson, Drenda Lowery, Rebecca Lowery
Room 200, 10:00 a.m.
Gospel Light Elementary Curriculum
Gospel Light's Early Elementary curriculum is crafted especially for grades 1-3. The students discover Jesus throughout the Bible as they develop a deep understanding of God's Word. The lessons include discussions on how children can live their faith in practical, tangible ways.
Leaders/Teachers: Ruth Masters, Susan Young, Charline Muller, Leigh Green
Room: FLC (Room without a window)
Gospel Light Pre-teen Curriculum
The Gospel Light Pre-teen curriculum guides teachers in developing meaningful relationships with students. The lessons are based on key Bible passages, leading students to discover what the Bible says about popularity, success, failure, friendship, rules, and more. Pre-teens develop Bible study skills, grow in Christian maturity, and respond by serving Jesus in church, school, and in the community.
Nursery (Room 302)
Staffed by a caring Nursery staff trained in CPR and First Aid
9:00 a.m. Service - Infants - 4 year olds
10:00 a.m. Sunday School - Infants - 4 year olds
11:00 a.m. Service - Infants - 4 year olds
Activities for Children
Easter Egg Hunt
Vacation Bible School
5th-6th Grade Day Camp (VBS Week)
Trunk or Treat
Gingerbread House Decorating Event
Annual Christmas Pageant
WNL Classes for Children
Books and Worship bags with Children's Bulletins and crayons are located in the cabinet at the right of the Sanctuary near the side doors and sound booth.
2017 Goals and Objectives:
- Continue to move in the direction of family ministry resulting in spiritual transformation in the children, and find ways to involve parents in the discipleship process for the glory of God.
- Plan more family events, gatherings and seminars.
- Collaborate with PDS for programming events.
- Grow and strengthen the Sunday School and WNL programs to the point where splitting classes into smaller age ranges is necessary.
- Conduct an Easter Egg Hunt.
- Conduct a Confirmation Class and dinner.
- Support and participate in VBS.
- Continue the Gingerbread House decorating event.
- Coordinate the annual Children's Christmas pageant, including the PDS Kindergartners and Pre- Kindergartners.