Mission: To encourage people to meet in Small Groups and Sunday School classes for fellowship, encouragement, edification, training, prayer, and study of the Bible and to aid people in developing meaningful interpersonal relationships, and to experience the love of God as manifested within the Body of Christ through such fellowship.
Discipleship Ministry Team: Anne Spinks (Chair), Dena Sowden, Mark Sowden, Glenna Lang, Yvonne Rose, Mike Garrison and Virginia Tamborello
Youth Ministry Team: (Reports to Discipleship for oversight and approval of their recommendations and decisions).
Volunteer Youth Director: Mark Sowden
Youth Parent Advisory Committee: Mark Sowden (chair), Dena Sowden, Jr. & Sr. High Parents
Vision: To empower, equip, and train youth to be the future leaders of the church through discipleship.
Children's Ministry Team: (Reports to Discipleship for oversight and approval of their recommendations and decisions).
Vision: To create a safe place for parents to bring their children where their the little ones will be given the opportunity to encounter God, learn faith and Biblical essentials, and experience a loving community that cares about their spiritual and emotional growth.
Essentials to achieve this vision:
1. Sunday School Attendance Averages:
• Nursery - 3
2. Continued using Gospel Light Sunday School curriculum. Teachers report that they are pleased with the curriculum.
3. Coordinated a successful Easter Egg Hunt for elementary children with the help of the Youth.
4. Coordinated and participated in a successful VBS July 8-12. The theme was “ROAR!: Life is wild * God is good”. In attendance were 107 children and 60 volunteers. Thursday Family Night included a showing of “Madagascar 2” and Kona Ice. VBS included a Day Camp for 13 incoming 5th and 6th graders that lasted until 3 pm. With Anne and David Spinks leading, the students participated in VBS Curriculum and presented the snack lesson for the younger children during VBS then participated in several mission projects in the afternoon.
5. In September, sent emails to all PDS families and VBS participants inviting them to Sunday School and upcoming events.
6. Offered a Drop & Shop with Gingerbread House Party on December 14th. 8 children attended with 15 Youth and 2 Adult volunteers.
7. Began Family Movie Nights serving hot dogs and popcorn on third Saturdays beginning in October, average attendance around 40 people. Shirley Dukes and Donna Stewart help with refreshments and desserts.
8. Coordinated the annual Children's Christmas Pageant on Sunday, December 15. In an effort to build bridges between FPC families and PDS families, the tradition has become to invite PDS Kindergartners and Pre-Kindergartners to join FPC Sunday School children in telling the story of Jesus' birth. The pageant was held during the Sunday School Time. It was broadcasted on Facebook Live.
1. Conducted confirmation class for 4 youth – Confirmation Sunday was held on May 5 th .
2. Monthly Youth activities for JH and SH students.
3. Began “The Spark” Wednesday night meetings for fun, fellowship, and service. Average Youth attendance is +/- 17 Youth.
4. Coordinated the annual Chili Cook-off on Jan 27. Over $6,000 was raised for the Youth Mission Trip expenses.
5. Participated in Conroe area wide DNow on January 18 - 20. 19 FPC Youth and 2 adults participated.
6. Participated in the Youth Presbytery Conclaves. 9 Youth participants, 3 Youth PYCC staffers and 3 Adult Chaperones.
7. Four people served on the PYCC (Presbytery Youth Connection Council): Collin Pattillo, Matthew Green, and Kyle Williams and Mark Sowden.
8. Coordinated the annual Youth Live and Silent Auction on May 1. Over $9,000 was raised for the Youth Mission Trip expenses.
9. Recognized graduating seniors during worship on May 12. The graduates received a gift.
10. Conducted a successful SH Mission Trip to Colorado Springs, CO. 11 Youth and 4 adults made the trip.
11. Conducted a successful JH Mission Trip to Moore, OK. 7 Youth and 2 adults made the trip.
12. Youth lead worship Services on Youth Sunday, September 29th. The sermon was delivered by several youth.
13. Participated in several service projects: Assisted Building and Grounds Committee; Planted trees (donated by Roy Kessler) in public areas of Point Aquarius; served at the Soup Kitchen; decorated church Chrismon Trees; assisted Children's Ministry with Easter Egg Hunt, Christmas Pageant, Fall Festival &VBS
14. Celebrated Christmas with JH and SH lock-in. Helped in countless ways on countless projects.
1. Continued the concept of an 8-week Wednesday Night Live in the spring. We had another session in the fall beginning with guest speaker Rand Henderson.
2. Conducted background checks on all teachers, VBS Volunteers, and Youth leaders.
3. Recognized Sunday School teachers in appreciation of their faithful dedication.
4. Continued the Mothers of Preschoolers (MOPS) program that meets monthly during the school year with childcare provided. It began in October with one morning and one evening meeting. Meetings have averaged 2 attendees each month.
1. Continue to move in the direction of family ministry resulting in spiritual transformation in the children, and find ways to involve parents in the discipleship process for the glory of God. Plan more family events, gatherings and seminars. Possibly potluck lunches the first Sunday of the month.
2. Collaborate with PDS for programming events.
3. Grow and strengthen the Sunday School and WNL programs to the point where splitting classes into smaller age ranges is necessary.
4. Conduct an Easter Egg Hunt.
5. Conduct a Confirmation Class and dinner.
6. Support and participate in VBS.
7. Continue the Drop & Shop, possibly more dates, Gingerbread House decorating and Family Movie Nights. Coordinate the annual Children's Christmas pageant, including the PDS Kindergartners and Pre- Kindergartners.
1. Strengthen Youth Ministry through prayer, engaging curriculum, focused time, energy, parent involvement, and inviting new youth.
2. Continue to build relationships with other church youth groups in the area.
3. Coordinate fundraisers for Youth Mission Trips: Chili Cook-off, Youth Auction.
4. Fund and coordinate a combined Mission Trip to Milwaukee. Second Mission Trip to FPC Conroe.
5. Recognize graduating seniors. Conduct Youth Sunday on the last Sunday in September.
1. Complete OPS assigned to the Discipleship Committee.
2. Rebuild Children’s Ministry/Sunday School Team.
3. Continue the development of additional WNL studies and Adult Sunday School classes. Place brochures and maps to Sunday School Classes at the three entrances from the parking lot.
Church Bus Usage
• January -D-NOW, Soup Kitchen