2019-2020 ANNUAL REPORT
Mission: To provide fellowship opportunities throughout the year and to provide opportunities for FPC members to participate in activities that build a foundation and relationships within our Christ-centered church.
Fellowship Committee: Shirley Dukes (Chair), Suzie Reese, Suzie Reese. Liz Kessler, Audrey Christie, Robbie Ganek, Neva Hammond, Donna Stewart, Dana Corbitt, Penny Bell, Barb Barton, Carolyn Schack, Pat Voorhees
2019 Activities and Accomplishments:
- Participated in the Chili Cook-off, a Youth Fund Raiser.
- Worked in conjunction with Discipleship and WNL Kitchen Crew to provide cornbread and beverages.
- Taco Sundays promoting Fellowship. One was in conjunction with a Congregational meeting with a presentation regarding the introduction of the Forever Fund.
- Offered the first Easter Sunrise Service Breakfast after the early Easter service.
- In May, provided for the Senior Recognition Sunday reception and dinner for the new confirmands.
- Lunches for the Ministry Teams were provided monthly on the first Sunday of the month.
- Brunch items were provided for the September Session Workday.
- Provided refreshments for the October, November and December Family Movie nights sponsored by the FPC Youth.
- Provided breakfast a few times during the year for FPC Youth when they had their lock-ins.
- Introduced and arranged Day Trips to sites of interest which included The Brookwood Community in Brookshire, The George Bush Library in College Station and the Lanier Theological Library in Houston. We utilized the FPC Van as well as private vehicles and served 20-26 FPC members.
- Organized, provided and served refreshments (cookies, hot chocolate and punch) for the annual children’s Christmas pageant.
- Provided cookies and cocoa for the 7 o’clock Christmas Eve Service.
2020 Goals and Objectives:
- Continue to assist and support our Youth Ministries events. Facilitate and assist with Graduation Appreciation dinner for FPC graduating high school seniors.
- Coordinate and assist with Confirmation Class dinners
- Present an evening Mystery Dinner Theater as an intergenerational event.
- Continue with monthy lunches for Ministry teams.
- Participate in church-wide activities in conjunction with other ministries, e.g. Prayer breakfast(s) with the Prayer and Care Committee, future Mission Committee fund-raising events, etc.
- Promote participation in the Wreaths Across America event.
- Increase participation in events involving other Ministry teams.
- Continue Day Trip events.
Respectfully submitted, Shirley M. Dukes, Fellowship Ministry Chair