2019-2020 ANNUAL REPORT
Mission: Initiate new approaches to bring people to First Presbyterian Church. Tracking new member participation in worship, Sunday School, group activities and opportunities to volunteer for church activities.
2019 Membership Committee Members: Muffy Crowl, Michael Dwyer, Gordon Juhl, Judy Weinburger, Susan Young, Sharon Walker, and Donna Stewart
Goals that were set for 2020 were not met mainly due to the pandemic restrictions.
Goals not completed:
- First Steps class for new members.
- Schedule quarterly new member gatherings.
- Continue to collect attendance sheets.
- Take pictures of new members.
- Provide visitor information cards at the Welcome Desk.
- Continue to send birthday cards to the children at Presbyterian Children's Homes and Services
- Recruit greeters for both services.
- Update the church membership roster for church windows.
- Identify various ways to make FPC, recognized and known in the community in order to bring new members into the church.
Goals for 2021
(Praying we will move forward with the goals)
- Schedule First Steps for new member orientation classes, as needed or quarterly.
- Establish a tracking system through the internet, i.e., possibly area where members could check box if they attended church on Face Book or You Tube.
- New members pictures posted in bulletin or “The Link”.
- Design new visitor forms to hand out at the Welcome Desk.
- Continue sending birthday cards to the children at the Presbyterian Children’s Home and Service. Also, initiate new programs they are starting for the children.
- Update church directory. The previous company has gone out of business and for now make a new phone directory listing name and addresses etc. only.
- Design and send out cards thanking visitors for visiting our church.
- Design a handout for new members, including a small gift, i.e., bookmark with church information included refrigerator magnet.
- Follow-up calls to visitors.
- Assign committee to staff the Welcome Center.
- Ask for volunteers to completely update bulletin board in hallway.
- Complete lighting of the steeple.
- Transferring all ads into “Impact” magazine.