Vision: To empower, equip, and train youth to be the future leaders of the church through discipleship.
Youth Ministry Team:
- Volunteer Youth Director: Mark Sowden
- Sr. High Parent Advisory Committee: Mark Sowden (Chair), Kim White (Dir. of Christian Educ.), and Sr. High Parents.
- Jr. High Parent Advisory Committee: Dana Corbit (Chair), Kim White (Dir. of Christian Educ.), and Jr. High Parents.
- Continued Sunday night Youth activities for JH and SH students.
- Continued Wednesday night meetings for fun, fellowship, and service.
- Built relationship bridges between Youth and Elders of the church.
- Coordinated the annual Chili Cook-off on Jan 31. Connie Kitkoski coordinated. There were 13 teams with prizes for the winning teams. Over $3,800 was raised for the Youth Mission Trip expenses.
- Participated in Conroe area wide DNow on January 15 - 17. 29 FPC Youth and 8 adults participated.
- Participated in the Youth Presbytery Conclaves.
- Five people served on the PYCC (Presbytery Youth Connection Council): Leigh Green, Daniel Green, Jaziel Perez, and Collin Pattillo.
- Coordinated the annual Youth Live and Silent Auction on May 1. Over $10,000 was raised
for the Youth Mission Trip expenses.
- Conducted a Confirmation class, which culminated in the presentation of one Confirmand, Jaziel Perez, to the congregation on May 29.
- Recognized 14 graduating Seniors during worship on April 24. Each graduate received a gift.
- Conducted a successful SH Mission Crown Point, NM. 34 Youth and 8 adults made the trip.
- Conducted a successful JH Mission Trip to San Augustine, TX. 6 Youth and 3 adults made the trip.
- Youth lead worship Services on Youth Sunday, September 25. The sermon was delivered by Next Step Director for the Crown Pont Project, Hannah Stowell.
- Offered a very successful second annual Fall Festival for the children of FPC and PDS. Attendance was 45 kids and 50 adults, total 95.
- Helped plan and facilitate a farewell dinner and tribute for Rev. John Dearman.
- Participated in several service projects: Assisted Building and Grounds Committee; Planted trees (donated by Roy Kessler) in public areas of Point Aquarius; served at the Soup Kitchen; decorated church Chrismon Trees; assisted Children's Ministry with Easter Egg Hunt, Christmas Pageant, and PDS Fiesta.
- Celebrated Christmas with JH and SH progressive dinners.
- Helped in countless ways on countless projects.
- Strengthen Youth Ministry through prayer, engaging curriculum, focused time, energy, parent involvement, and inviting new youth.
- Continue to build relationships with other church youth groups in the area.
- Coordinate fundraisers for Youth Mission Trips: Chili Cook-off, Youth Auction.
- Fund and coordinate a JH Mission Trip to Moore, OK, July 30-Aug. 5 and a SH Mission Trip to Moore, Oklahoma June 4-10.
- Recognize graduating seniors.
- Conduct Youth Sunday on the last Sunday in September.